Wednesday, December 17, 2008

So I think Kale is teething!

He's been pretty fussy the past couple of days. The way he's been acting is like when he has terrible gas (hey, we've all been there!). Except he's not having problems in that area, if you know what I mean. He goes all crazy intense with gnawing on his hands and fingers. In the past that has meant "Feed me, now!", but when we go to give him a bottle, he wants nothing to do with it. He'll gnaw on it for a few seconds and then push it away. Same thing with a pacifier. So I put a clean finger of mine his mouth and started to rub his gums and he calmed down.
I found a teething ring but the thing is big enough for him to wear as a belt (and you should know how big that is if you've seen this baby of mine). So last night I went to Walmart and found a pack of three smaller ones and he used one this morning. It was soooo cute! I had to pry his little hands open so he would hold on to one of the rings but once he had it and knew what to do with it after my showing him, he was content.

I don't remember Maile going through any bad teething phase. She just drooled a lot, got a rash on her chin and then one day she had teeth. Weird.

I didn't think babies could teeth this early, but then I read that babies can start to as early as three months (which he's a week shy of) and continue to for about three months or so before any teeth. Sometimes longer.

I'm so crossing my fingers and toes that it doesn't get as bad as I've heard some mothers say with the screaming and constant fussiness...

No comments: