Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm so tired of getting my hopes up for anything. Today should have been a good day. Today was not.

The appointments that we had today that should have given us some answers? Gave us zilch. Except another appointment sometime in the near future. Within the next four weeks. He wasn't given any test. Dr. Chicola and his audiologist (her name is Keena or something like that) came in to talk to us and said that Keena knows and worked with Heather (the audiologist from Baptist) and based on her results they would rather just do a CT scan on Kale. Dr. Chicola tried again to look into Kale's ears, but said he couldn't see his eardrum and so he cannot tell if it is "normal". And the only way he can do that is to do the scan and get a look at the actual anatomy of it. So, no testing as of yet. He said he'd rather just hold off on that right now. Although I don't really understand why.

Courtney, Kale's teacher was with us during the whole appointment and even she was confused.

So once again, we wait. And I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of going back and forth. I don't understand why they couldn't have just called us and let us know that they wouldn't be doing what they had said they would be doing and save us more heartbreak. I know he can hear us. But because there is this "but how much?" looming over our heads, we have to keep up with all of this...this crap. I couldn't help but cry after the appointment. If I hadn't gone in there expecting answers, I wouldn't have been so upset.

Another crappy thing that happened today? Maile went back to school today after a two week break. She was so excited to get back and see everyone. Mike took her this morning while I stayed home with Kale. When Mike came back, he said that Maile has a new teacher. Again. This is her FOURTH teacher! Since August. For some reason they cannot keep a teacher for her class (and no, it doesn't have anything to do with her class). The first one got a better teaching job elsewhere. The second (Maile and I both loved her) was offered a better job outside of teaching and couldn't pass it up. This third one? Apparently had some family emergency over the break that made her move to Georgia. After the second teacher, Maile seemed kind of sad. When this third teacher came, Maile asked me if she was going to leave, too. It was so sad. So today...when I picked her up from school I asked one of the other teachers, "Another teacher, huh?" and she said yes, but she really thinks this one will stay. We'll see.

I just hate that this feels like daycare where it's never consistent when it comes to the people who work there. But this is a school! Not a daycare! I just hate having my daughter feel like teachers will always be coming and going. She loves to learn. But I don't even know if she's learned anything since the first month of school because of all of the switches. I mean, she knows her letters and numbers and things of that nature, but she knew those before she started this preschool. Her first teacher was teaching them French and sign language. Of course, that ended once she left.

So, yeah. Today? Should have been a good day. Today was not.

1 comment:

Monika said...

I'm so sorry Kim. :( I can't even imagine the waiting... I hate that for you guys! And I feel so bad for Maile, too. How frustrating for her. :( (((hugs)))