Friday, May 29, 2009

Summa, summa, summatime....

Okay, well. I don't know when the first day of summer officially starts but who cares? It's summertime!!!

Today was the last day of school for our area and I am so excited! Maile has been out of VPK for a bit now but now that everyone else's school age kids are out, we won't be so bored!

It is already so hot around here, though. Today we went to the park for a birthday party and everyone practically melted. But Maile had a blast playing with all of her little friends so that's all that matters. And I got to hang out with some pretty amazing mamas so I guess everyone wins. Yay!



I put Kale in a baby swing for the first time at the park. He loved it just like I thought he would. He wasn't even the slightest bit frightened--just acted like it was something he did everyday! He was too cute. He didn't get to swing for too long, though because of the rodent sized bumble bees and wasps buzzing around my head--I decided it was time to stop swinging. Try, if you can, to ignore the moldy swing. It looks so much worse seeing it now! Jeez! Maybe I'll be taking my shopping cart cover with me next time...





There are so many things to do now that summer is here. Yesterday evening I took Maile down to Plaza de Luna for some sunset thingie they have going on every Thursday. Different characters visit each week--yesterday it was a very dirty Spongebob. Seriously. Have these people never heard of spot cleaning? Dry cleaning? Cleaning in general? I mean, I guess the kids were impressed but all I wanted was to break out the anti-bacterial hand sanitizer and throw it on poor Spongebob. Ick. Anyway, it was cool other than that. There was a live band playing, the breeze was blowing and the kids were playing in the water fountain. I can't wait to go again.

There are a few other things I want to check out like Bands on the Beach--I have never gone to that but really want to this year now that Maile is so much bigger and I really think she'd enjoy it. I took her to the beach a couple of weeks ago with a friend of mine and her twin daughters while my parents watched Kale for me--we had such a great time. As for Kale going to the beach, I'm not ready for him to go for a long period of time yet. The boy is white, has super sensitive skin and I'm so afraid of sand getting sand in his eyes or something. Just not something I want to deal with yet. He did get his first taste of a swimming pool this past Monday--but wasn't really digging it. It was too cold for him and he started to cry as soon as his feet touched the water! Poor little guy.

A couple of days ago my mother-in-law took the kids and I out for a day of shopping at the Foley outlet. The place has been renovated and now has a great little playground for the kids complete with a carousel--which Maile just had to ride.




Not really sure what else the summer has in store for us. Maile has been super busy drawing, coloring and painting a lot.
That is supposed to be me and Mike--so in love. See the hearts? That's how you know.




I love that she's so into that kind of stuff; I used to be the same way. Hopefully she'll stick with it, though.
I can't believe in just three months she'll be starting kindergarten! Hmmmm....maybe I should register her, huh? That would probably be a good idea.

Until then...I'm gonna do my best to make this an amazing summer. The last one before my baby officially becomes a big girl...

Okay. I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now.



No comments: