Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Fat Pants Day

I'm finally not so uncomfortable right now so I figured I'd get on here, give some shout-outs and then have some inner dialog with myself on whether I should attempt to eat anything else today.


What am I thankful for? I don't have enough time in the day to go over everything. But I will say that I'm thankful for my family (duh). But not just the obvious members. All of them. Whether they're a part of my life or not. Because without them, I would never have learned a thing. Whether it is how to be stronger, how to move on or how to forgive. I may not be all the way there on that last part, but I'm getting there. And for that, I'm thankful.


I love my life. I love my friends. I may not have the best relationships with everyone whether it's my fault, theirs or both. But I love them all. Whether we're close or just friends who hang out occasionally but don't quite know enough about each other. I wouldn't have you in my life if I didn't think you were worth it, and I hope the feeling is mutual. Some people I have reconnected with this year. And while I do tread lightly and I do keep some walls up out of fear, I'm thankful for second chances.


I have been trying my best over the past couple of months to be a better person. To not be so negative. It's a hard thing to do when I've spent the last 32 years being nothing but. People who once drove me nuts with their "glass is half full" mentality are now people I look forward to being around. I'm not saying I am now going to be annoyingly chipper, I'm just saying that my glass won't always be half empty.

So, thank you to everyone in my life. Good, bad and in between.

Now, if you don't mind--I have an awesome little family to get back to.

Gobble, gobble, yo.

No comments: