Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July, 2009

What an awesome day yesterday was!

First we took a trip to Johnson Beach which is only about ten minutes away from us. Some friends of ours invited us out there to cookout and just enjoy the day--so that's what we did. It was crowded, but not as bad as I expected it to be. Mike and Maile went out to the water with their boogie boards and Kale and I sat under an umbrella soaking up the shade and light breezes that came our way.



Mike and Maile eventually made their way back and it was evident that Maile wasn't happy. The waves in the water scared her a bit and she was D-O-N-E. And super grumpy. I think the heat was just getting to her. She usually loves the beach and never wants to leave but after coming out of the water all she wanted to do was go home.


Check out Miss Grumpy Pants! She didn't even want to look at the camera which is not like her at all!


Oh, wait! I was wrong. Grumpy or not--she is such a beautiful girl.



So Mike and I packed the kids up and he dropped us off at home and Mike went back to the beach to hang out with his friends a little bit longer. Which was fine--It gave me time to make some buffalo chicken dip and some Angel Lush Cake. Seriously--if you haven't had this or made it--you need to. Assuming you like pineapple. Oh.My.God. It's so good! And sooo easy to make!

Our late afternoon/evening plans included hanging out at the in-laws house (my parents were out of town doing their own thing). I invited my friend and her twin daughters and we all just had a great time! Maile had her friends to play with and Mike's friends and family were all there, too. Lots of yummy food and lots of laughs! What more of a good time does one need?

Once the sun started to set, we went outside and lit fireworks. Maile held her first sparkler and then immediately (and fearfully) dropped it to the ground.


After a little while of watching the twins hold theirs with no problems, she tried it again: Success!



And of course, Kale had a great time, too!




Hope every one of you enjoyed your 4th of July--either with friends, family or just doing whatever makes you happy!

1 comment:

sprinkles said...

Hello! I linked to you from CDAN qute awhile back. Not sure if I've commented here before or not but I've really enjoyed your blog and reading about your son.

You've been tagged for an award. Please stop by my blog for details.